Friday, October 16, 2015

Colossians 4:2-4

Colossians 4:2-4
Persist in prayer.  Keep alert in it in thanksgiving.  At the same time, pray also for us in order that God should open doors for the Word for us to speak the mystery of Christ – because of this I have been bound in order that I should reveal it as it is necessary for me to speak.

Thoughts for Today

First Thought:

Persist in prayer.  What great advice!  How easy is it to give up praying for God’s people?  We often pray when there is need.  But do we remember to pray before there is need?  Do we remember to pray when life is normal?  We should!  I know I often don’t, and I could stand to remember to pray more often and for more people.  Persist in prayer indeed!

Do you persist in prayer?  For whom are you led to pray?

Second Thought:

Notice for what Paul asks regarding the prayer.  He doesn’t pray for fame or success or wealth.  He asks that opportunities to proclaim the mystery of Christ.  This shows us Paul’s focus.  He is truly focused on proclaiming the Word of God to the people that God is putting into His life.  What a great model.

Are you focused on proclaiming Christ?  Do you have people praying for you that doors would be open to proclaim Christ?

Third Thought:

Paul reminds us that it is necessary to speak Christ to the world.  He should be doing that.  As a follower of Christ, that should be His goal.  Of course, it should be my goal, too.  It is necessary for me to speak about Christ.  It isn’t really an option.  It isn’t a voluntary task.  It isn’t something I do when I feel like it.  It is something I do even when life has bound me and made my life miserable – much like the world made Paul’s life miserable.

Do you live like it is necessary to proclaim God’s Word?  How?


Passage for Tomorrow: Colossians 4:5-6

No comments: